6.08.2012

What's been cooking....

Happy Friday my loves!!!
It's been a while since I have shared any recipes with all of you and last night Rusty and I stumbled upon our new favorite in a hurry meal.  I have been busy the past couple of nights baking away for all of the graduation festivities that will be happening over the weekend. So for dinner last night I was pressed for time and didn't want to eat fast food, gag. I have no idea where I saw this but in one of my magazines, pinterest, blogs or something that visit everyday I know that I saw a fried egg and asparagus, just a picture and it stayed with me bc I love eggs and asparagus so last night I had Rusty pick up a bundle of asparagus on his way home from the gym and this is what we came up with!!!


15 minute meal, and very yummy!!!

Since I never saw a recipe for anything like this but only a picture I decided to just keep it simple...
2 eggs cooked to your liking
and then throw them over some baked Parmesan asparagus
(recipe for my baked asparagus found here)
1/2 whole grain English muffin and a bit of cheddar jack cheese.

I'm not sure if I was just hungry after a tough workout yesterday and then smelling 75 cupcakes bake or if this was just really delicious but we loved it and I am sure will be making this again soon on nights where time is of the essence.

Other things that have been cooking in the love nest this week...


Fresh Caprese Salad made with the basil that I grew in my little herb garden.


Fresh Tomato and herb pasta I made again with the herbs that I have been growing.
Easy as pie... Just a little angel hair tossed with tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and every Italian herb I could get my hands on. :)


served up both dishes with grilled pork chops that I (over cooked)
on the George.

There you have it...
This is what's been cooking in the nest this week along with several dozen cupcakes and cakes, 
in which I will proudly share with you in a later post.

xoxo








No comments: