5.25.2012

Succulent Wreath

A few weeks ago I went on a pinning spree for ideas and inspiration for our deck at the love nest...
While looking through hundreds of pictures online, pinterest, and in home magazines I came across this...


I just loved it.
I love clay pots, wreaths and succulents but would have never thought to combine the three. Genius.
So of course last weekend my Cousin Meghan and I headed to Hobby Lobby and turned this in to our most resent DIY project :)

What you will need:


a wire wreath form

individual floral wires

mini terracotta pots
(I used different sizes for a more whimsical look)

Spanish moss
(use this to fill in the spaces around your wired pots)


and last but certainly not least cut clippings from your
Granny, Aunts, and Cousins succulents :) 

This project was easy as pie :) it only ended up costing about $15 dollars to make and takes about an hour.
It's a perfect sunny afternoon deck project.  I sat out on Granny's back deck last Saturday afternoon with a glass of wine and went to work.  While I was working hard on my little project the peanut gallery (Rusty, Dad, and my uncles overlooked and kept telling me that my wreath would be too heavy to hang bc of all my little pots) They were wrong! :) All you have to do is wire the pots to your wreath form and then stuff the moss in your bare spaces so that you can no longer see the wire form.  Then you just add in your soil and plants and your ready to hang it! I am thinking of making another one of these as a gift and painting the pots for a more funky look!! (if anyone makes this PLEASE send me pics so that I can see your work)

Check it out!



I have to admit I thought it was pretty cute without the succulents. I have had it hanging empty like this all week but I plan on planting in it over the weekend.


Happy Planting Loves. 

xoxo
A






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love that you are going to use plants from your family.