4.18.2012

Weekend Review...

 I am finally getting back into the groove of the work week.
Lots of fun and exciting things to share today...

First off I wanted to share a few pictures of the girls
from Saturday.  It was Junior Prom for these ladies and I spent the day getting
them all Glamed up for the big night...

here we all are enjoying a frappe to get us through the day

Me with all my girls... Standing next to them I think I could have used some Glam!!!


My baby girls all grown up
Beautiful

Next up I finally have gotten back in to my cooking routine and I have a few fun and yummy things to share...
For those of you who love asparagus as much as Rusty and I do...
 
Healthy Baked Parmesan Asparagus
(goes well with my Italian low cal chicken breast and also a great healthy afternoon snack)


1 bunch of fresh Asparagus
Olive Oil ( I used my MISTO )
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
Fresh Parmesan Cheese

arrange asparagus in baking pan or sheet
Spray on olive oil
sprinkle on salt & pepper
bake at 350 for 15 min
Top with fresh parm 
ENJOY :)

Next up:
 Pre Blended Smoothies
(why did I wait so long to try this)
One of my favorite treats is a smoothie morning, noon and night...
I love them.  The problem with having one in the morning before work is mainly bc lets be real...
I wait until the last second to roll out of bed, I hit snooze a dozen times and then I am in a mad dash for the door. Even in a perfect world where I did get up on time my dear sweet Rusty is still snoozing away when I leave the house. (insert my mad face here) I don't think he would appreciate the sound of my fresh smoothie being made at 6 am. With that said this week I finally decided to give the pre-blended idea a try. Sunday night I whipped up a few of my favorite smoothie blends poured them in my to-go cups and popped them into the freezer. Ta-Da I now have fresh smoothies for weekday breakfast :)


Another fun note from the weekend... Rusty and I ventured out into our backyard and visited a few of the local bars downtown.  Super fun band Friday night at Clay Street Tavern,  Sayer McShane these girls can cover anything :) also I may have found my new favorite drink for summer over at Dick & Jane's the 
Summer Lemon Martini is to die for... super yummy!!! 

Cheers!

xoxo
A



No comments: