2.16.2012

Welcome our new furry friend!!!

Well it's official Rusty and I have a new member in The Love Nest!!!
Welcome our new baby...

Bagheera
(Rusty calls him Mr. Meow Meow)


Bagheera is such a special kitty.  
Rusty and I decided we would rescue this guy, as he was quickly on his 
way to the local pound.  Poor Baby!!I know that I can not save every animal (although I wish that I could) but I just couldn't stand to see this guy go anywhere other than a wonderful home where he could be spoiled.  Bagheera came to us with NO CLAWS front or back! His previous owner had him declawed (which I am not a fan of) and I have never even heard of declawing them in the back. He will now have to live his entire life indoors,  which works for us seeing that we are in a small place and its too busy for him to be out and about anyway.


Being a cat owner the majority of my life I must say this is the first guy that I have ever brought home to a new strange place and not had them be the least bit timid. Bagheera took one good walk around the place checked everything out and then laid out in the middle of our living room floor on his back with all four feet in the air, as to say "Okay this works for me guy's thank you for making me the proud new owner of this house".  I couldn't believe it... It's as if he has been with us since day one and he has lived here forever.
I am very pleased at his laid back sweet personality. I love waking up to him snuggled by my side, I love our morning chats, and I love our afternoon/evening play dates. I even catch Rusty with him in his lap or cradling him in his arms like a baby. (I was nervous that Rusty may be allergic, but so far so good)
We are very excited and happy to have this new addition, we just love him!!!


Lots of Kitty Love, 
A. R & B

No comments: