7.05.2012

Twenty Eight...

I turned 28 over the weekend...

I can't even believe that I am now twenty eight.  It seems like only yesterday that I was counting down the years to sixteen, eighteen, and then twenty one.  I couldn't wait to be all grown up. I decided that since I am quickly approaching thirty I would talk about what I have learned in my twenties so far...
I saw this on another blog a while back ago and I loved reading what all the girls had learned (so far)  in their twenties. So here you have it, what my twenties have taught me so far...

* a hard lesson has been quality over quantity in friendships
Its important to have the kind of friends that you can lean on for anything.
The kind that you can TRUST
Friends that tell the TRUTH even when it's not what you want to hear
and friends that love you through all of your quirkiness.

* Be with your Best Friend...
after countless dates and a few bad boyfriends I have learned that being with the person that can make you smile through tears is most important... I am going on five years with Rusty now
 and yes we have bad days in the love nest but for all that are bad we make up times three.
We are still learning about each other every day, but I look forward to it...
I have never laughed as much or as often as I do with him.
He is the ONE for me no doubt about it :)
He is my best friend.

* Life is too Short to be UNHAPPY
I am a glass half full kind of girl and I always have been!
However bad days and even weeks could bring anyone down...
In my twenties I have learned that LIFE is short and a GIFT and it can be taken from us in an instant.
I have learned to surround myself with the important people and ONLY the important people.
I have learned that in order to be happy you have to allow yourself that happiness by doing and surrounding yourself with the things and the people that you love. We are in control of our own lives and can be as happy or as sad as we allow ourselves to be. Sure there will always be bad and sad days but its best to learn from them and move on... Let go and live happy.

I would say that my early twenties were for uncertainty and exploration and that my  later twenties have been for figuring it all out. I am still working on figuring LIFE out, I am still learning everyday but that sense of uncertainty is fading. In  my twenties I have lived through heartbreak, sickness, and loss. I have learned that I can and will get through anything. I have learned  that all the events in our lives shape us into what we become. I have learned that family and friends are important if not vital to our survival. I have learned that we need to be loved and that we need to love in return.
Most importantly I have learned to be me.

“Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain”

-Dave Matthews


xoxo
A



1 comment:

Jess Wilkerson said...

Loved this one. Loved how true it is! You are amazing and I am so thankful for our TRUE friendship. I love you!