5.02.2012

Wednesday Wiggle Brownies...

Hello friends it's Wednesday again...
Amazing how quickly they come when your having a good time.
The new Patio furniture is already proving itself to be a great purchase.  Last night Rusty's parents and Mikey came over for dinner and we were able to enjoy our pizza and drinks outside :)
We even had a visit from Stephanie and Hayley who I'm sure really came to see the kitty and the flowers but none the less we sure enjoyed the visit, especially when the evening chatter turned into what made me feel as if I were a character on Grey's Anatomy  (wink-wink) I still think I could rock scrubs.

I have a funny cooking story from last night...
Have any of you ever heard of Diet Coke Brownies?
Simple you would think...



That's it!
All you do is mix the two together, bake and enjoy!

However leave it to beaver... I always make the biggest mess with the most simple things!
(Just ask the kids that I used to babysit about their mac n cheese)
So I come home yesterday, swing by the store to grab a flower pot b/c I am flower crazy these days, and I see the brownie mix which reminds me of one of my favorite blogs that I like to visit Eat Yourself Skinny  and how bad I have been wanting to try out these fool proof low-cal brownies. 
I have been on a major health kick (which by the way is paying off more than I could have ever imagined) but more on that later. The point is no matter how healthy I eat... I will ALWAYS crave BROWNIES!!!! They are pretty much one of the only sweet treats that I actually like.  Okay so back to the brownies and me at the store... I grab the box of brownie mix and just grab a bottle of soda out of the drink machine by the check-out line. Mistake 1- it was a bottle not a can meaning more Diet Coke than I needed. Fast forward to me at home in the kitchen on the phone chit-chatting with a girlfriend (Mistake 2) not paying attention to what I am doing as I poor the entire bottle of Diet soda into my Brownie mix (Ooops)-Mistake 3!!!! I have now made what looks like Chocolate foam water- gross!!! Oh well I say I will try this anyway so I pop it in the oven... It bakes for 50 min bc hello it takes a long time to bake something that starts out the same consistency as water. So when the brownies are done they smell great and actually look just like normal brownies (at least well enough to pass them off as "regular" brownies to Rusty) So after our pizza and Drinks at dinner I get out the Brownies for Mikey, Rusty, Stephanie, and Hayley :) (I didn't feed these to Rusty's Daddy bc he really likes my baking and he trust me to do the right thing... Bake with Butter Sugar and Eggs! I did give Pagina a taste but I gave her fair warning and told her what they were)  back to the friends that I tried to play these bad boys off on...Mikey woofs down two telling me that they are great just a little gooey... I start laughing as Stephanie Hayley and Rusty all take the first bite and start to wonder if they were eating (get ready for this)  ex lax brownies!!!! Come on guys your my friends I would never feed you ex lax brownies!!! :) The brownies had the weirdest texture that I have ever eaten it was like jello almost... Rusty started singing the wiggle song while jiggling his brownie around.  It was all around a great laugh, and I figure I would rather my brownie jiggle than my butt so its a win! It's healthy to have a good laugh at yourself from time to time, and I will have another dance with the Diet Coke brownies in a few days... this time I will use a can or a measuring cup :) For the original idea and recipe behind my wiggle-wiggle brownies visit here her brownies look totally normal and delicious I promise :)



Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
xoxo
A

No comments: