4.12.2012

Massage Therapy...

In July of last year I was fortunate enough to travel
to Aruba with Rusty's family.


This was when I first encountered the privilege of a massage.
Pagina (Rusty's mom) had scheduled a girls day at a spa where we were all able to enjoy
relaxation massages out on the beach.  I was in love immediately, I left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.


I knew then that this was a vacation must. 

It's been nine months since that glorious vacation in Aruba
and that massage still stands out in mind as one of my favorite treats from our trip.
Earlier in the week I was able to pick up a deal on living social for a 60 min massage.
I must say I didn't go into this massage with high expectations due to the fact that
my first massage was given on a beach in paradise.
Could it get any better?
I wouldn't say that this was better as much as I would say different...
my approach to yesterdays massage was a bit different than the total relaxation massage that I was
given out on the beach that day.  After sitting down with the practitioner yesterday we talked about
different levels of stress and trigger points due to exercise and everyday life.
I spoke with her about the trials and tribulations of working at a desk all day long, about being a beginner runner, and a part-time hair stylist.  I told her my story and then I let her work her magic...
She was excellent at working on trigger points, sore muscles, and tension relief.
When the massage was over I felt as if I had just had the best therapy session you could ever imagine.
I felt just like I do on the days that I eat everything right, drink tons of water and have an excellent workout.
I was wrong to not have high hopes because this massage was exceptional!!!! :)


I am sharing this story with all of you because I am trying my best to live healthy and happy...
this can be a very trying lifestyle change at times and I feel that its important to
treat yourself along the way.  I believe that we all need a pat on the back from time to time and I believe that the art of touch is healing.  If you have never had a massage GET ONE!
Look at it as an investment into your healthy life!!!

xoxo
A





No comments: