5.01.2012

Hip Hip Hooray It's May

Can you believe that it's already May? I sure can't but certainly will not complain about the warm months headed our way!!! May marks the beginning of lots of things that I love... most importantly I get Rusty back on Friday nights and Saturday's!!! (no more late school nights) It's officially beach season for me :) in just a week Rusty and I will be going on our first summer vacation, I have officially been drinking more than half of my body weight in ounces of water for over a week now (major pat on the back). Rusty and I have been living together for 9 months today and are STILL in LOVE. :) I could go on and on... I love this time of year.

(this was in bloom at Granny's yesterday)

Last night was Day 1 for Rusty's nursing school exams so I decided to be a good girlfriend and cook something nice for dinner...

Quinoa and Baby Spinach Salad


and Pork Tenderloin with
Roasted Grape & Goat Cheese Sweet Potatoes

Rusty passed all of his assessment exams last night and was a happy man to come home to a good dinner :) He of course had butter and Cinnamon Sugar on his sweet potato!

Easy Breezy Recipes for this Dinner:

Quinoa Salad

Prepare Quinoa according to package
(I added a bit of olive oil and Balsamic vinegar to mine for this salad)
Serve over baby spinach
Top with Feta and a Balsamic Glaze

Note: if you wanted to make this a meal I think it would pair great with Grilled Chicken Sliced for a topping 

Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Grape & Goat Cheese Sweet Potatoes  

1 small pork tenderloin
( I bought a pre-marinated one last night to save time but feel free to use your favorite marinade or rub)
Cook on 425 for about 40 min or until meat in thickest part of the cut reaches 155 degrees
Remove form oven let stand for ten min.
Slice and Serve
I topped mine with Balsamic Glaze

Two Sweet Potatoes Baked
about five minutes before your ready to serve cut open potato and add in grapes, crumbled goat cheese and drizzle on honey
Pop back in the oven for 5 min 
(this is easy to do while your letting the meat stand before serving)

Ta-da Dinner is served!! 

So I had made a promise to link you guys back to original recipes if I could... The Sweet potatoes that I made came from a picture that I found on Pinterest however I was never able to link it back to a recipe or even a blog... So I just did what I thought should be done to accomplish what was in the picture :)

Grocery List
1 small pork tenderloin
two sweet potatoes
honey
goat cheese
red seedless grapes
Balsamic Glaze
Quinoa
baby spinach leaves
Feta


On another note did anyone else watch SMASH last night?
Only two more episodes left and its getting sooo good typical...
oh well at least I will have the Bachelorette coming up in just 14 days
to take over my Monday Nights :)

Happy Tuesday Everyone

xoxo
A

No comments: